2019“CHINA SECURITIES Cup” The World AI Weiqi Open Competition Regulations
Chinese Weiqi Association
China Securities Co., Ltd.
August 20th-25th 2019
Science, Technology and Culture Center, Rizhao City, Shandong, China
20th August: Registration Network Test Technical Meeting
21st August; Preliminaries (5 rounds)
22nd August: 1/4 Final (1 round) Human-AI Pair Weiqi Competition (3 rounds)
23rd August: Semi-Final (3 rounds)
24th August: Final (3 rounds) 3rd/4th Final (1 round)
25th August: Final (2 rounds) Awarding Ceremony
Each team must have originality and the intellectual property right of source code of its program..
Free accommodation is up to 2 people per team. Traveling allowance is shown as below:
Asia: 10000 Yuan for each team.
Rest region of the world: 20000 Yuan for each team.
Overstaffed people should pay extra expense for accommodation.
Total bonus: 800,000 ¥ before tax.
The top 8 teams will be awarded as the following table. The champion will be awarded an ornament named "2019 AI Weiqi World Champion". All the prizes are before tax.
Human-AI Pair Weiqi competition: The top eight AI teams in the preliminary competition will be paired with a human player. The knock-out system is adopted. The winner will be rewarded with 20,000 RMB in total.(AI team and human player is awarded 10,000 RMB each)
1. Chinese Rules of Weiqi (2002 Edition) is adopted. Black gives 7.5 points. The size of board is 19 by 19. Being late for 20 minutes or more will result in losing by forfeit in each round.
2. Each side can ask for counting points after the game is finished. The chief referee makes the final decision of judgment. Repetitions of the same situation on the whole board is forbidden. The side who leads the same situation first will lose the game.
3. The basic time allowance is 30 minutes per side, followed by 3 20-seconds overtime periods. If one side fails to make a move within overtime limits, the side will be declared to have lost the game. The Swiss pairing system will be applied in the preliminary with a total of 5 rounds. In the preliminaries, the 1st round of the draw will be conducted in the Technical Meeting before competition. From the 2nd round, the draw will be done by the orchestration software, by which the black and white will also be determined automatically. The top 8 participants will reach the 1/4 final. Preliminary ranking distinction: the player with higher score ranks higher, when the scores are tied, the following factors will be taken into consideration in ranking, the one with higher score ranks higher:
A. the Sum of one's Opponents' Scores (SOS);
B. the winner of a direct encounter between the players concerned;
C. the total score of SOS minus the score of the opponent’s first-round score and second-round and so on;
D. If the ranking still cannot be determined, additional game is required.
In the 1/4 final, semi-final and final, the basic time allowance is 60 minutes per side, followed by 10 40-seconds overtime period. If one side fails to make a move within overtime limits, the side will be declared to have lost the game. The 1/4 final pairing is in accordance with the order of the preliminary ranking of the top 8 teams (1st VS. 8th; 2nd VS. 7th，3rd VS. 6th，4th VS. 5th). The semi-final pairing is in accordance with the results of 1/4 final (the winner of 1-8 VS the winner of 4-5; the winner of 2-7 VS the winner of 3-6). Each pair plays best of 3 games in semi-final, and the forcing move will be decided through guessing the stones in 1st round and 3rd round; best of 5 games in final, and the forcing move will be decided through guessing the stones in 1st round and 5th round; best of 1 game in 3rd and 4th final.
5. Human-AI PairWeiqi competition will be played by human on the board and a standard clock will be used. The basic time allowance is 30 minutes per side, followed by 10 30-seconds overtime period. The top 8 teams in the preliminaries will be paired with human players. The knock-out system will be used in the game. The forcing move will be decided through guessing the stones; the moving order is Man black --Man white--AI black --AI white and so on. Pairing information will be notified later.
6. The participants must be the author of the program or people authorized by the author. The letter of authorization must describe the authorized person's name, the tournament's name and the distribution method of prize money with the author's signature in hard copy.
7. The side that uses remote server is responsible for the disconnection, and the delay caused by communication and reconnection is included in the game time. Each side has one chance to deal with the malfunction in each game, and the operator must submit a formal application to the referee. The processing time is up to 10 minutes, and the time of malfunction handling is not included in the game time. The referee has the right to inquire about the details of the fault, and if one side has a second fault in the same game, the side will be declared to have lost the game.
8. The games are played over TCP/IP with GTP. All games will be played on the special AI-Weiqi competition platform owned by Chinese Weiqi Association. (Test time will be notified later)
9. Programs must have exclusive brain with source code of their own. Operators cannot give additional information to the computer or revise the program during a game.
(1) In the venue, the Chief referee will be fully responsible for any dispute. If one has any objection to the penalty, an official appeal and 500 US$ deposit have to be submitted within 30 minutes after the referees' decision. If the appeal is granted, the sum of 500 US$ will be returned.
(2) The decision of the Arbitration Commission is the final judgment.
Please send the following information to official e-mail address before 20th July, (Registration would be successful only after the e-mail of confirmation is received):
1. The exact name of the Weiqi program.
2. Full name, nationality, and presence at the venue (at least 1 person) of all authors in the order of contribution to the program.
3.The responsible author's name, title, position detail, mobile No., email address.
4.Team name if exists. Otherwise the responsible author's name will be used instead.
5.Technical descriptions of your program. Here, you have to mention other Weiqi programs and/or Weiqi libraries/weights if you used them in your Weiqi program. Moreover, please declare if you used novel techniques to compose your Weiqi program.
6. Hardware information will be used at the venue. Please announce if a remote connection is required.
7. The capability of playing Weiqi games by using Ethernet connections with GTP.
8. The schedule of arriving and leaving, special requests of accommodation.
9. The intention of participating '2019 Chinese Weiqi Congress AI Exposition Interaction' or not.
Official e-mail address : WAIWO@weiqiservice.com
The arbitrators and judges shall be appointed by the China Weiqi Wssociation.All rights of the interpretation of this rules is reserved by Chinese Weiqi Association.
Chinese Weiqi Associaton
May 31 2019
1. There is an optional activity named '2019 Chinese Weiqi Congress AI Exposition Interaction', please confirm if you have interest to participate. The organizer would be grateful for your attendance.
2. The AI group who will take part in the '2019 Chinese Weiqi Congress AI Exposition Interaction' should register at the hotel reception before 20:00 18th Aug 2019.
3. The EXTRA allowance of '2019 Chinese Weiqi Congress AI Exposition Interaction' for each group includes: up to 2 luxury rooms for accommodation, 800 RMB for meal, and 2000 RMB for service from 18th Aug to 20th Aug.
4. Please make sure the AI program providing interactive performance no less than 4 hours per day under the guidance of organizers during 19th Aug to 20th Aug.